#301 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Sep 1 2012, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obito turned bad because he was friendzone. Goes to show you ladies, friendzone the nice guy and they turn into overpowered nutjubs. The only exception is Jiraiya but he was getting girls on the side so it's ok. So Sakura, you better get with Naruto or the Alliance is going to get a bunch of Rasengans up their asses. xD

Best laugh of the day.

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Sep 1 2012, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sai stole Naruto's moment. Naruto was working up his charm. Good job Sai. xD

Yeah, Sai is a total yenta.

QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Sep 1 2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if we will ever get a confession from Naruto...

Yes, I think it is not only necessary but inevitable.

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Sep 1 2012, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BELIEVE IT!

Also funny. You guys are on a roll tonight -- or today, depending on where you are on the planet.

#302 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Sep 1 2012, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sai stole Naruto's moment. Naruto was working up his charm. Good job Sai. xD

I am actually glad Sai said something. To me it was about time someone played realist to the situation. Sai was basically the wake up call to both Naruto and Sakura. Sometimes, in situations, you need someone to rock the boat to actually have people progress.

I applaud Sai most of all is because he risked his friendship for a greater purpose which caused several events to happen and leading to both Naruto and Sakura waking up to reality. Maybe admit to themselves the emotions they have been wanting to say.

I have a friend for that. I always tell him, I don't need a friend to tell me what I want to hear. I need a friend to tell me what I need to hear. He once said to me that he was going to exhibit the emotions I could not even calling my past relationships bad names to express my latent anger. I think that is a true friend.

And I think Sai is that kind of friend. Ironic, considering what kind of guy Sai used to be.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 02 September 2012 - 10:40 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#303 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

I think another wake up call will likely come from Obito himself. He'll probably harshly criticize Sakura for her indecision and the consequences of that, will likely be Naruto turning into the man who is standing against the world itself. Or something along the lines of that.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#304 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Kishi will probably clear up any timeline inconsistencies so just be patient.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#305 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

^Yea, pretty much what I'm expecting.
QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Sep 2 2012, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if we will ever get a confession from Naruto...

It seems rather illogical to think that we won't, imo. If Sakura got a chance to express her romantic feelings to Sasuke, and Hinata, a minor secondary character, got a chance to express her romantic feelings to Naruto, how is it that the main character, whose romantic feelings were introduced before these two, whose feelings have been portrayed just as strongly, whose feelings have still remained just as the other two have, won't have the same chance to express his feelings before the manga's end?

Especially given the focus on romance with his parallels Jiraiya and Obito.

As KnS so aptly put it, its rather an inevitability at this point that Naruto is going to confess to Sakura by manga's end.

Edited by Paptala, 02 September 2012 - 04:32 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#306 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Sep 2 2012, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I think Sai is that kind of friend. Ironic, considering what kind of guy Sai used to be.

I may have jokingly referred to Sai as a yenta (because using a Yiddish word to describe a young Japanese special ops soldier amuses me), but overall I agree with you.

Sai is a classic reflection character, and Kishimoto has done a great job using him to that effect. I think I've said this out here somewhere before, but Sai reminds me a lot of Lt. Commander Data on ST:TNG. Data was a brilliant reflection of the struggles and musings of the human heart precisely because he didn't have one -- literally or metaphorically. Sai has a literal heart, but he was systematically distanced from his metaphorical one and therefore is similar to Data in his approach and curiosity toward human feelings, their meaning, and their importance.

From the moment he appeared in the story as Sasuke's replacement on Team 7, Sai has been reflecting the strain and confusion in Naruto and Sakura's relationship, and saying many of the things that had gone unsaid for too long. Out of the secondary characters, he's one of the most important in the series.

QUOTE (Paptala @ Sep 2 2012, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As KnS so aptly put it, its rather an inevitability at this point that Naruto is going to confess to Sakura by manga's end.

Well, it was just set up so perfectly by Sai's flashback when he asked Naruto how he felt about Sakura. Naruto's choice of words -- "how can I... I can't even keep my promises" -- suggests he wants to confess, he just hasn't felt he could. Yet.

I totally believe that Naruto will eventually get it said, and considering the past failures of his parallels (Jiraiya and Obito), his warm and bright personality, and his undiminished affection, Naruto's confession is likely to burn down the house. happy.gif

#307 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Sep 2 2012, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishi will probably clear up any timeline inconsistencies so just be patient.

And how exactly will he do that? By making this Obito from a different dimension? Because that's literally the only way he can fix it.

#308 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Sep 2 2012, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And how exactly will he do that? By making this Obito from a different dimension? Because that's literally the only way he can fix it.

Ass pulls homie. Thats how hes been handling things as of yet.

#309 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Sep 2 2012, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how bout you wait and see, and reserve your criticism for later.

it will be a waste if you fuss about it only for it to make total sense when the chapter comes out right?

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#310 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Sep 2 2012, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it will be a waste if you fuss about it only for it to make total sense when the chapter comes out right?

i save my picture of kishimoto wearing the glasses of "deal with it" to post on the chapter 600 thread as my opinion of the chapter.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#311 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

You know though, I'm starting to get the feeling Kishi really has been planning to bring in Tobi as Obito since that Kakashi-Gaiden thing.

Really, that was put smack dab in the middle of part 1 and part 2. No leading up to that story being told, no other information revealed after that story was told, nothing. It seemed really out of place and quite random. Given, it was a good opportunity to stuff anything into that time, why Kakashi-Gaiden and the story of Obito and his Sharingan? It was nice to know more about Kakashi and whatnot, but why did it occur there of all places at a seemingly random time?

Given, Kishi has made a few mistakes along the way (I still think the Hokage mountain bit was just an accident), I don't think he pulled Tobi = Obito out of his arse. Tobi was introduced all the way back then near the beginning of shippuden, he had to have known who he was going to be early on as a story teller. Tobi had to lead up to something relevant, and this was his relevancy. There are still some pieces of this puzzle missing, which we will know in a few days I think.

But I don't think this is a sudden "Hm, I think I want to add a plot twist 1 week before I release this chapter and think of the consequences later!"

Edited by kirabook, 02 September 2012 - 09:06 PM.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#312 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Sep 2 2012, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about no?

#313 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Sep 2 2012, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about no?

Now now let's behave. sleep.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#314 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

A lot of fans didn't like Naruto being the child of destiny and the son of Minato, but now the response is overwhelmingly positive. Tobi has never been a consistent character, who knew the guy who was being strangled by Deidara was the leader/ Madara / Obito?

Kishimoto did promise another Kakashi arc after all.

Edited by Nefertieh, 03 September 2012 - 01:09 AM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#315 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

After reading this chapter again:

and just for kicks:

tongue.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#316 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Sep 2 2012, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After reading this chapter again:

and just for kicks:

tongue.gif

Lol and yes 5000 posts! party.gif

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#317 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

Someone's going to lose an eye for eye in this fight.

Edited by Dreamer, 03 September 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#318 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Sep 1 2012, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any Blade Runner cosplays?

Got a picture of a Priss. smile.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#319 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

Well, if anything, I just hope that Obito doesn't end like Amon in legend of Korra. Just like Tobi, he used an mask, and while he used it, he was an ruthless and unstopable villain, it seemed like nothing affected him... until he lost his mask, then he started to act in a total diferent way, like he was another person, and so, in short, I hope that Obito doesn't lose his cool just because he is out of masks.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#320 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 2 2012, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now now let's behave. sleep.gif

I am behaving. Maybe you should mind your business and not tell me what to do? That would be nice. smile.gif

Edited by HalfStarStudios, 03 September 2012 - 03:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users