2 replies to this topic

#1 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 06 July 2024 - 11:25 PM

"A rare trait of the Kurama Clan. Every few generations, a member will be born with an incredible talent for genjutsu. The clan member's prowess in that field is so absolute that even without proper training, their genjutsu is simply overwhelming. Furthermore, the genjutsu is so powerful that it causes the brain to believe anything that happens to the victim to the point where the genjutsu physically harms the victim's body in the same manner they envisioned. This fearsome ability allows the clan member to potentially kill their opponents with genjutsu. Such frightening power however is not without its drawbacks. The user is equally rarely able to control the full extent of their abilities, resulting in their subconscious regulating that power, leading to the creation of a second personality in control of that power. This personality proceeds to overtake the original, turning the individual into a monster that's a danger to everyone around them."

I have been watching over Naruto Part I and I was wondering if this was a story that was supposed to be for Sakura but was scrapped. It lines up perfectly with Inner Sakura and Sakura being claimed as a genjutsu type. Furthermore, the earlier Naruto games always had Sakura using genjutsu with Inner Sakura.  I can't help but this was supposed to be a storyline for her that was scrapped in favor of her being trained by Tsunade. 

#2 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 06 July 2024 - 11:27 PM

Nah pretty sure it was just filler Pierrot made up

#3 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 07 July 2024 - 02:44 PM

it's not impossible. in dragon quest maam(who sakura's based on) used illusion magic briefly (so if masashi wanted to he could've focused on sakura's genjutsu ability more) but maam still ultimately mainly used healing magic combined with monstrous strength and martial arts

something else that i wonder about is in the anime there's a cloak in sakura's house that says "fighting spirit" on it which we never get an explanation for. maam's parents weren't civilians (but were effectively retired) so the original plan for sakura's might have been different but if you look at beet the vandal buster and 666 satan from what i remember the heroine's parents weren't noteworthy so maybe masashi wanted to stick to that blueprint

Edited by totherpage95, 07 July 2024 - 03:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users