Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:00 AM

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/444/

Enjoy! biggrin.gif

Quite uneventful, I'd say. I think the next few chapters will be dedicated to talking to Nagato. D:

Edited by Cloud, 17 April 2009 - 04:04 AM.

#2 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:13 AM

Well im interested in what Naruto's answer will be if nothing else.
\

#3 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:14 AM

Meh, I was surprised to see that Naruto completely dropped out of sage mode to listen to the story. He goes from "rawr i wanna kill u" to "yay story timez" pretty quickly, but I suppose if you consider the flashback he had to what Jiraiya was saying, I guess its more understandable. It's not so much that he's not angry, its that he's (trying to) reserve judgment out of respect for Jiraiya.

On the other hand, I find Nagato's first sob story less than compelling. Okay, your parents were accidentally killed by some ninjas who thought they were fighting enemy nin. Yes, its horrifically traumatizing, but no more than having your uncle let your father die in his place and practically growing up a slave or living with the knowledge that your own father is trying to kill you and no one loves you. Relative to what the other characters have been through, Nagato's pain is nothing extraordinary, which I was expecting. Perhaps the second part will be more compelling?
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#4 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Apr 17 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the other hand, I find Nagato's first sob story less than compelling. Okay, your parents were accidentally killed by some ninjas who thought they were fighting enemy nin. Yes, its horrifically traumatizing, but no more than having your uncle let your father die in his place and practically growing up a slave or living with the knowledge that your own father is trying to kill you and no one loves you. Relative to what the other characters have been through, Nagato's pain is nothing extraordinary, which I was expecting. Perhaps the second part will be more compelling?

Does it really matter? His parents were accidentally murdered in front of him by the leaf ninja. It serves its purpose as a plot device. Nothing ground breaking but still...

Edited by Mik3, 17 April 2009 - 04:27 AM.

\

#5 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:32 AM

Wow, I feel REALLY sorry for Nagato. I really feel for the guy, his second source of Pain would probably be obvious of course, I really do wonder how Yahiko died.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#6 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:32 AM

Wow, talk about a nothing chapter. I mean, holy crap, did Nagato and Konan really think their words were going to convince Naruto to just give up? This guy is supposed to be GOD, and all he can do now is give half-assed guilt trips? Weak.

At least we know now whether or not Naruto can use both Sage mode and Fox mode at the same time. His eyes are weird like that.

Nagato's story is sad, sure, but compared to everyone else in the series who ISN'T an omnicidal maniac because of their past, it's pathetic. The second part of the story with Yahiko needs to be something incredible, or "Pain" is going to lose all credibilty.

#7 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:46 AM

OK so the spoilers of Naruto getting stabbed then being shown how Jiraya and Kakashi died appear to be off the mark. It's strange to see NAruto go Sage+Kyuubi mode and then just fall out of it, but then again Kyuuibi's chakra is quite unstable and Naruto needs delicate balance to be in Sage mode, so maybe he can only use both powers together for a very short while.

So this was another pre-lude it seems, we now know what triggered the awakening of the Rinnigan, so not much different to the life or death situation that awoke Sasuke's Sharingan, We'll find out next week what really happened that turned Negato into Pein, we know Yahiko is somehow involved, but not really know what....probably him sacrificing his life to save Negato and Konon.

Edited by harry4e, 17 April 2009 - 04:46 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#8 demonfox04

demonfox04

The Don - 'Nuff Said

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:51 AM

Yeah, I agree. I hope his second reason is a bit more compelling. While I feel sad for him, the leaf nins expressed their sorrow for causing the death of his parents and tried to calm him down. I guess I can see that he was already overboard in emotions to realize that. But oh well, like somebody said above, it's just a plot device. Hopefully the second one gives more reason. I'm assuming it's gonna be about Yahiko as well. We shall see next week.

I am also interested in this combo mode with Sage mode and Kyuubi's chakra. Wonder if Kishi will use it again.

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now, you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Whether 1 and 15 or 15 and 1, Superbowl or Toiletbowl...those are my Boys. Ain't no bandwagon here. GO COWBOYS!!!

#9 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:55 AM

Flashbacks and the fact that Nagato is shirtless you all know what that means, it probably wont happen next Chapter but I'd say within the next 5 Nagato is going to die.

uc.png

#10 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Apr 17 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flashbacks and the fact that Nagato is shirtless you all know what that means, it probably wont happen next Chapter but I'd say within the next 5 Nagato is going to die.

lol wut
\

#11 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Apr 16 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, talk about a nothing chapter. I mean, holy crap, did Nagato and Konan really think their words were going to convince Naruto to just give up? This guy is supposed to be GOD, and all he can do now is give half-assed guilt trips? Weak.

At least we know now whether or not Naruto can use both Sage mode and Fox mode at the same time. His eyes are weird like that.

Nagato's story is sad, sure, but compared to everyone else in the series who ISN'T an omnicidal maniac because of their past, it's pathetic. The second part of the story with Yahiko needs to be something incredible, or "Pain" is going to lose all credibilty.

I gotta agree completely. I was really disappointed with this chapter. His parents could have been mercilessly massacred and that would have made a dramatic story..
..but instead they are accidently killed by shinobi who raid a house they expect to be empty for some reason? What kind of ninja or soldier starts raiding a kitchen without checking out the whole house first? They were so hungry they were willing to risk their lives for some canned food!? I'm probably getting too logical now. sleep.gif Perhaps part of Nagato's pain is guilt, because if he hadn't knocked over that vase they might have snuck away successfully.
One good point, at least Naruto is mature enough to contain his emotions.. that's a huge step for him to want to kill someone and not get completely kyuubified.

gogo fox sage t(+_+t

Edited by Nee-sama, 17 April 2009 - 06:28 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#12 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

Flashback chapter, they're usually not very eventful. Sure, having your parents killed on accident by ninjas looking for food is really traumatizing, but Pain's pain doesn't even compare to Gaara or Sasuke's right now does it? Nagato need some good justification for his second pain to appear appealing to the plot.
Meh, this weeks Bleach chapter was far better anyway.

#13 Kakebun-kun

Kakebun-kun

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Girls, Manga. <br /><br />The only three things you'll need in life.

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

It was a pretty good chapter. The Naruto and Nagato talk is getting interesting, but this could last a couple of chapters. x_x;

NaruSaku Is Yondaime Approved.

|Fanfiction|

#14 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:11 PM

I thought it was good, Im definitely interested in seeing Naruto's reaction.

#15 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

I'm thinking that the next chapters we'll be seeing a more interesting flashbacks of Nagato and hopefully solve the mystery of how Yahiko died.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#16 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 17 2009, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking that the next chapters we'll be seeing a more interesting flashbacks of Nagato and hopefully solve the mystery of how Yahiko died.

Amen to that, Derock. I look forward to finding out what Naruto's answer to Nagato is. Especially considering how Naruto's been able to speak to many enemies and get his own words in at times. Two big examples being Zabuza and Gaara.

Also, anyone else think it understandable, but kinda foolish how Nagato hates all of the Hidden Leaf for the mistake his parents and those ninjas made? His parents assumed the ninjas were after them, and the ninjas thought they were enemy. But at least the Leaf ninja apologized to Nagato, even if it doesn't change a thing. Reminds me of Sasuke hating all of the Hidden Leaf Village because of the actions of Koharu, Himura, and Danzo.

Bryon

#17 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Apr 17 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, this is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier. Comparatively Nagato's back story does not justify his actions at all. Yes, its a plot point, but one that makes Nagato that much less likable as a character.

QUOTE (Bryon_Konoha_Ninja @ Apr 17 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amen to that, Derock. I look forward to finding out what Naruto's answer to Nagato is. Especially considering how Naruto's been able to speak to many enemies and get his own words in at times. Two big examples being Zabuza and Gaara.

Also, anyone else think it understandable, but kinda foolish how Nagato hates all of the Hidden Leaf for the mistake his parents and those ninjas made? His parents assumed the ninjas were after them, and the ninjas thought they were enemy. But at least the Leaf ninja apologized to Nagato, even if it doesn't change a thing. Reminds me of Sasuke hating all of the Hidden Leaf Village because of the actions of Koharu, Himura, and Danzo.

Bryon

Also, keep in mind that Nagato's dad actually attacked the Konoha nin first. He could have just called out, hey we're just civilians looking for some food, but no he had to go and attack them. I suppose psychologically looking at it, both Nagato's dad and the shinobi would have an attack first, think later mentality. They are in the middle of a war, but mostly it just seems sad because it was a really needless, pointless death. There wasn't any purpose behind it, and it could have been avoided so easily. Still, I'm not very sympathetic to his character at this point. I felt worse when he talked about the condition of his entire country in chapter 435.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#18 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

Looks like the storyline is going to be slowing down a bit. I would expect at least 1-2 more story chapters plus a discussion with Naruto's answer. And if Kishi wants to drag it out some more he can shoot back over to Konoha to show how everyone is dealing with the aftermath. Maybe some Sakura screentime, and Shik's group returning to let the others know Naruto went to meet the real Pein 1 on 1.

And it seems like Konan realizes that Naruto has the ability to kill Nagato. And since she's not really trying to get in the way, it doesn't look like she thinks she could stop Naruto if she wanted to. I totally agree that his basis for his first Pain isn't as tragic as I thought it should be. But then again, there are lots of people that become twisted for much smaller things in real life. All it takes is something to trigger it. Just like seeing Hinata stabbed in front of him, watching someone close to you die would be enough.

I just hope, from a story-telling standpoint, that his second Pain make sit worth our while. smile.gif

#19 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Apr 17 2009, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you, this is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier. Comparatively Nagato's back story does not justify his actions at all. Yes, its a plot point, but one that makes Nagato that much less likable as a character.

Also, keep in mind that Nagato's dad actually attacked the Konoha nin first. He could have just called out, hey we're just civilians looking for some food, but no he had to go and attack them. I suppose psychologically looking at it, both Nagato's dad and the shinobi would have an attack first, think later mentality. They are in the middle of a war, but mostly it just seems sad because it was a really needless, pointless death. There wasn't any purpose behind it, and it could have been avoided so easily. Still, I'm not very sympathetic to his character at this point. I felt worse when he talked about the condition of his entire country in chapter 435.

So True, Paptala. It's like Sasuke justifying his actions to destroy the Hidden Leaf because of the actions of three people. It has no purpose really at all, even if it couldn't have been avoided in his case. I don't feel too much sympathy either for Nagato because of the fact what he's done as Pain shows he has no sympathy for others, so that's why he'd get no sympathy from me.

Bryon

#20 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

For a while now, I had been wondering what it was that the Elder Toad was referring to when he spoke with Jiraya. He mentioned that a decision that Jiraya would make would dictate whether the Child of Destiny would destroy the world or bring the world together in peace. I think this chapter made it clear to me exactly what the decision was that Jiraya made. I know that Naruto had flashbacks to his conversation with Jiraya before about being entrusted to find the answer to make it so people can understand each other and work together; but this is the first time where that conversation and goal has become a driving point for Naruto. Even Minato hints that there has to be a change. I think that Jiraya's conversation to Naruto that day when he was young was the decision that the Elder Toad was talking about in his vision. At least, that's what it looks like to me.

Also, regarding the conversations about Nagato overreacting to his 1st instanct of "pain," he was only a little kid. I do agree that what he's experienced pales in comparision to many of the other characters in Naruto, but he did see his parents killed in front of his eyes. What his parents did was somewhat idiotic and it did lead to his death, but I think that was to drive home the point how ninjas and fighters aren't the only casualties of war, how that war was pointless as it only more hatred as Pein/Nagato is living proof of that. If the war in Rain didn't happen, then presumably Nagato wouldn't have seen his parents killed by Konoha ninjas and he wouldn't have become Pein. It's really Nagato's proof to Naruto as to why ninjas = wars = more ninjas and bad stuff happening. Kind of narrow-minded, but most villians are.
End of line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users