#81 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

300 wasn't a Greek myth though. It was a real event, told through the Spartan's eyes, at least that's how Frank Miller justifies his...odd Persians. XD
And exactly, that's what makes Perseus one of the cooler heroes. Sure he had divine assistance, but he's the one who figured out how to deal with those 3 sisters with the one eye. He mostly traveled alone with the gods occasionally guiding him, in fact, I think if he wasn't a son of Zeus, he probably wouldn't have received divine intervention and probably may have still survived, though his quest would've been much longer than it was. The movie!Perseus was more of a Rambo kinda guy really.... Anyway, I could go on and on about how horrible the adaptation is when it came to the original myth, but I feel like it's pointless to do so. The movie did have good action though. laugh.gif

#82 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

Well, 300 was a movie with bad adoption, but I can't call the worst movie I have ever seen. THIS IS SPARTA!!

#83 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

300 was a bad movie adaptation? Didn't Frank Miller himself co-directed with Zack Snyder?? What its main attraction though is basically just violence anyway.... laugh.gif

#84 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Jul 2 2010, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For all these bad movies, that's not what I think of when I think the "worst".
For me, the worst is one of those where you have to wonder who comes with these things and why, and what sickness is it inspiring. The Human Centipede is one of those squick movies I've heard about where it makes me want to puke. The human imagination is a double edged sword alright >.< I would rather watch the entire Twilight series with no brakes than sit through Human Centipede.

-wraps self up in a blanket- Happy thoughts... Happy thoughts...

Really? I liked the Human Centipede. However, I can see why some people wouldn't like it.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#85 afro261

afro261

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Playing Go, watching anime, reading manga, reading in general, writing, listening to Jazz and Classical music, playing the Alto saxophone, Cello, and Electric Bass, drawing manga, and skateboarding

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

Brazil. You had to be seriously trippin to not to laugh at most parts.

Edited by afro261, 24 August 2010 - 04:20 AM.

#86 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Jul 6 2010, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Other then Twilight, one of the worst movies I have seen was The Blair Witch Project. It was said to be scary but it was one very boring movie. It was like "let's explore this spooky forest where this witch lives" and then "Oh no we need to get out before we..." *falls dead*... end.

really? man I feel like I'm part of a tiny recluse minority when it comes to this movie. I thought them walking around for days, thinking they'd get something good and then turning back disappointed only to fall slowly into frustration, paranoia, anxiousness, distrust, crazed desperation and then finally unforgiving fear was freaking badass. it really got to me, having to watch these three slowly degenerate into losing their minds. I seriously wouldn't be able to handle being lost in a forest like that.

especially after that tent scene? the crying baby? HOLY FUQ NO. DNW

i loved Blair Witch on its own. idgaf I might even try REC's 1 and 2

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Jul 8 2010, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? I liked the Human Centipede. However, I can see why some people wouldn't like it.

can I ask why you liked it? not jumping down your throat, I'm just curious. I can understand the appeal of the something new in science experimentation gone wrong, but the general feedback I've received is watchers being scarred.

alot. argh1.png

#87 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

It was just interesting to me. I like how the director took a completely original and somewhat taboo plot and made it into a good movie. Plus which, it gave me the chills.

If that makes any sense argh1.png Honestly, I can't think up a good answer. I just liked it sweatdrop.gif

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#88 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 6 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clash of the Titans: I would've loved it but the fact that Hades was portrayed as (unfairly so) a bad guy irked me.... I mean, he helped Perseus by giving him his Invisible Cap in the original myth! It was a wrongfully done adaptation of one of the more decent heroes and deities in Greek mythology and I would've probably liked it if I didn't know the original myth.... rolleyes.gif Ignorance is bliss indeed....

It's a remake of the original Clash of the Titans film. It wasn't that bad though.

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Jul 8 2010, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, 300 was a movie with bad adoption, but I can't call the worst movie I have ever seen. THIS IS SPARTA!!

I thought it was awesome, not all action movies have deep plots. biggrin.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 09 July 2010 - 02:44 PM.

#89 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

Clash of the Titans was a disappointment for me, idk i was expecting better...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#90 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jun 13 2010, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Battlefield earth: nuff said

Fool! Before you were even able to spell your name, I was being trained... to conquer galaxies!

I'd have to say my worst would have to be The Punisher. Racially superficial and cheesy to the point where it's neither funny or enjoyable. It's just complete crap, like the rest of America's comicbook heroes in my brutally honest opinion.

#91 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Jul 9 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's just complete crap, like the rest of America's comicbook heroes in my brutally honest opinion.

Just wow! mellow.gif You actually hate all of them? sad.gif

#92 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 10 2010, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wow! mellow.gif You actually hate all of them? sad.gif

Yes. Every single 'hero' America has turned out is over-assuming, pompous, racist, idiotic, inconceivable and overly dramatic and overtly marketable. I wish they just skipped the pretense and had M. Night Shamalayn Man and Coca Cola Man, just to get it over with.

#93 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Jul 10 2010, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. Every single 'hero' America has turned out is over-assuming, pompous, racist, idiotic, inconceivable and overly dramatic and overtly marketable. I wish they just skipped the pretense and had M. Night Shamalayn Man and Coca Cola Man, just to get it over with.

Ok... so, what kind of hero you think is still "respectable"?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#94 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

Alex Mercer.

#95 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 10 2010, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alex Mercer.

Oh come on now, you just saying this because of my avatar, aren't you? tongue.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#96 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 11 2010, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believed a more reasonable answer would be, American comic super heroes are corny.

...yes they are, you cannot say that they aren't because they are...big time.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#97 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:03 AM

Hm... Running aroud in tights capes and bathing suits... I kinda have to agree with you on that one. :/

#98 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (afro261 @ Jul 8 2010, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brazil.

Really? Cause that movie is one of the greatest ones I have ever seen. Terry Gilliam is a genius. So you also don't like The Adventures of Baron Munchausen nor The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus?

As far as I go, probably would have to be Shakespeare in Love. Good lord that movie was horrible.

#99 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jul 10 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believed a more reasonable answer would be, American comic super heroes are corny.

...yes they are, you cannot say that they aren't because they are...big time.

Well, you all are more than entitled to your opinions; I'd be lying if I said I didn't think you were the wrongest guys in Wrongtown though.

Edited by dl316bh, 11 July 2010 - 03:50 AM.

bd5.jpg

#100 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 10 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be perfectly honest, barely any. Jedi used to be good, but now they're just over-played in the franchise as Obi-Wan Kenobi's, Anakin Skywalker's and Yoda wannabes. Robert Downey Jr.'s take on the Iron Giant is perfectly fine, since it has character quirks and reactions unlike other super heroes (For Example, being easy sometimes more then not to handle in terms of combat of emotions). Every other super hero I have seen America turn out has some 'huge secret' or 'ultimate weakness', as if every single being on the planet has a super weakness that can be conveniently found if looked by someone with evil intentions, but cannot be destroyed due to its 'mystical/scientific presence'. Also, they must not be serious at their jobs or even look respectable; no, they have to wear tight-fitting underwears and be 'quirky' with unusual habits or anti-social behaviors! After all, nothing says super-powerful and ultimately good like trying to blend in at a god-damn mall. I haven't personally seen this happen, but seeing as even in Dragonball Z they made Piccolo and Goku learn how to drive, it only makes me shudder to think what Justice League, X-Men or any other show or comic has
flushed out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users